August 25, 2009

Sense and Sensibility Review

SS-2


In conjunction with the TOS Crew, I have been given the opportunity to review some of the best products on the market for homeschooling families. Sense & Sensibility Patterns is one company with a heart for homeschooling. Sense & Sensibility Patterns was started in 1996 by Jennie Chancey, a stay at home mom with a passion for creating old-fashioned clothing for herself and her children. Her company soon exploded, creating a wonderful resource for families looking for quality, modest clothing.

Sense & Sensibility Patterns offers multiple ePatterns and eClasses to help even the most novice seamstress. They also have a wonderful forum where you can meet and fellowship with wonderful like-minded women who will gladly help you every step of the way.

The ePatterns offered by Sense & Sensibility Patterns are downloadable which means they are available instantly and they are reusable and easy to resize. At a price of $7.95- it's such a great deal. You can also purchase a hardcopy of the pattern that will be mailed to you for just $12.95. You can also purchase eClass and ePattern bundles for $24.95.

SS-3


My Experience:

I was given the opportunity to review the Girl's Edwardian Apron ePattern and eClass set by Sense & Sensibility Patterns. I have to admit- I was really worried when I was chosen for this review as I am NOT a skilled seamstress. I do have a sewing machine, given to me by my grandmother years ago, but I have not ever had success using it.

I emailed Jennie before beginning this review and she assured me that the eClass is created for even the most novice seamstress. I was concerned that she might not understand how little I actually knew in regards to sewing, but yet I forged ahead. I downloaded the ePattern and eClass bundle and immediately opened them both up. I could tell that there was such detailed information in these bundles that I knew I could handle this project.


SS-5

I was pleasantly surprised at my ability to create a wonderful (almost completed) apron for my little one. The pattern adjusts for sizes 2-14 so it works for little girls of all sizes. It took me almost three days from start to (almost) complete and it actually resembles the apron in the picture. Every time I got stuck in the directions, I just went back to the eClass slides or instruction and I was back on track. All in all it was a great experience and I would encourage everyone, even beginners, to give it a try.



SS-6 SS-7


To Buy:

Sense & Sensibility ePatterns and eClasses are available on their website.

Be sure to check out the other reviews by the TOS Crew.

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to read some of these reviews. I've wanted to try them, maybe they'll be on the line up for the '10-11 Crew. I'd love to see finished pictures when you get them done.

    Sarah
    homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!